All Lake Washington School District students have the right to public education. The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in Plyler vs. Doe (457 U.S. 202 (1982)) that undocumented children and young adults have the same right to attend public primary and secondary schools as do U.S. citizens and permanent residents. Lake Washington does not ask for or collect immigration status information.
Navigating the New Parking Lot Layout Click HERE for video!
The capacity to drop-off and pick up students at Inglewood has been dramatically expanded. Some of the features of the new layout:
• Separate bus / automobile lanes – Increase on-time delivery of kids by both cars and buses
• 50% increase of “car queuing space” – Less traffic back-up onto NE 8th
• 500% increase in curb-side drop-off area – more efficient drop-off and better traffic flow
• A left hand through traffic lane – No more waiting behind a car that are slower at drop-off
• Less student/traffic interaction – increase in student safety.
We think that these changes will dramatically improve a driver’s experience when dropping their child off. You may want to drive the parking lot before the first day of school so that you are familiar with the changes that we made.
PLEASE DO NOT drop-off your child from the left-hand lane. This will cause your child to interact with cars and block traffic. Children leaving cars from the left hand lane will be taught the reasons not to do this. If a student continues exiting the vehicle from the left lane, the student could eventually face school discipline. This is a child safety issue.